Monday, May 18, 2009

THE SHATTERED CRUCIFIX




Have you ever tried to take a closer look at the crucifix?

There was once an old man who was dying. He called his three sons and divided his properties. To the eldest son, he gave the house. To second son, he gave the farm. To the youngest son, he said:

"You are most precious to me my son; to you I give this crucifix…” The man breathed his last, leaving the youngest son with so much anger, resentment and envy.

One night, in a fit of anger, he grabbed the crucifix and threw it to the floor. The crucifix was shattered and broken into tiny, shinning pieces. Behold, inside the crucifix were many precious jewels and stones hidden by the father! And the son understood the words of his father:

 

‘You are most precious to me my son; to you I give this crucifix…”

No comments:

Post a Comment